Episode 276: Big Changes to Jamf APIs and JSSImporter, with Graham Pugh
APIs are an integral aspect of how we can programmatically work with any product. The original Jamf Classic API won’t be allowing basic authentication any longer, which means any workflows that hook into the old URI-based REST endpoints will be going away. So there are big changes coming to the Jamf API and Graham Pugh will be joining us to talk through what that means for some of the projects he maintains.
- Tom Bridge, Principal Product Manager, JumpCloud – @tbridge777
- Charles Edge, CTO, Bootstrappers.mn – @cedge318
- Marcus Ransom, Senior Sales Engineer, Jamf – @marcusransom
- Graham Pugh – @GrahamRPugh
- Jamf Pro Classic API Authentication Changes
- Blog Post (Feb 2022): How do changes to the Jamf Pro API authentication affect JamfUploader and JSSImporter?
- Python-jamf by Uni of Utah Marriott Library
- Ruby-jss by Pixar Animation Studios
- Prune by Leslie Helou – Remove unused items from your Jamf server
- KMART by Nindi Gill
- Git2jss by Geoff Lee
- Detect Thoughts REST app by Charles Edge
- Scriptorium by Tony Williams
- JamfUploader – AutoPkg processors
- JNUC 2021 Presentation video: Making package uploading and deployment easier with JamfUploader (Anthony Reimer and Graham Pugh)
- MacAdmins @ PSU 2022 Presentation Video: Demystifying JamfUploader
- Graham’s Music Contribution to the Pod
- Of course there is a Derflounder post about moving to bearer tokens
The Mac Admins Podcast has launched a Patreon Campaign! Our named patrons this month include:
Rick Goody, Mike Boylan, Melvin Vives, William (Bill) Stites, Anoush d’Orville, Jeffrey Compton, M.Marsh, Hamlin Krewson, Adam Burg, A.J. Potrebka, James Stracey, Timothy Perfitt, Nate Cinal, William O’Neal, Sebastian Nash, Command Control Power, Stephen Weinstein, Chad Swarthout, Daniel MacLaughlin, Justin Holt, William Smith, and Weldon Dodd
Mac Admins Podcast Community Calendar, Sponsored by Watchman Monitoring
|XWorld||Melbourne, AUS||30-31 March 2023||TBA||TBA|
|Sydney Mac Admins||Level 6, 341 George St, Sydney||5:30pm 20th April 2023||Free|
|London Apple Admins Pub||Online weekly (see #laa-pub in MacAdmins Slack for connection details), sometimes in-person||Most Thursdays at 17:00 BST (UTC+1), 19:00 BST when in-person||Free|
|#ANZMac Channel Happy Hour||Online (see #anzmac in MacAdmins Slack for connection details)||Thursdays 5 p.m. AEST||Free|
|#cascadia Channel Happy Hour||Online (see #cascadia channel in Mac Admins Slack)||Thursdays 4 p.m. PT (US)||Free|
Sponsor the Mac Admins Podcast:
If you’re interested in sponsoring the Mac Admins Podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Get the latest about the Mac Admins Podcast, follow us on Twitter! We’re @MacAdmPodcast!