Episode 221: Nerding Out With Some Tips And Tricks
We pick new stuff up here and there. Little things that when combined together add up to give us a pretty comprehensive knowledge of the Apple ecosystem. In this episode we’ll look at some of the little things we’ve picked up along the way; some new, some old, some just new to us!
- Tom Bridge, Principal Product Manager, JumpCloud – @tbridge777
- Charles Edge, CTO, Bootstrappers.mn – @cedge318
- Marcus Ransom, Apple Systems Architect, CompNow – @marcusransom
- Dr. Emily Kausalik-Whittle, Apple Enterprise Management Engineer, Jamf – @emilyooo
- Jamf Unlock (and Azure iDP)
- Inside the Content Caching server: performance and troubleshooting
- UserVoice – How can we improve App catalog, App install or App updates experience in Creative Cloud Desktop?.
- How I Found A Vulnerability To Hack iCloud Accounts and How Apple Reacted To It
- SOC 2 Admin and Control Owner Responsibilities – JumpCloud
- Scripting OS X – Weekly News
The Mac Admins Podcast has launched a Patreon Campaign! Our named patrons this month include:
Weldon Dodd, Damien Barrett, Justin Holt, Chad Swarthout, William Smith, Stephen Weinstein, Seb Nash, Dan McLaughlin, Joe Sfarra, Nate Cinal, Jon Brown, Dan Barker, Tim Perfitt, Ashley MacKinlay, Tobias Linder Philippe Daoust, AJ Potrebka, Adam Burg, & Hamlin Krewson
Mac Admins Podcast Community Calendar, Sponsored by Watchman Monitoring
|Mac Admins Campfire Sessions||Online||3, 10, 17, 24 June; 8, 15, 22, 29 July 2021||Synchronous • Thursdays 13:00-15:00 EDT (UTC-4)||Free|
|Objective by the Sea||Maui, Hawaii, USA||28 September – 01 October 2021||In-person • 2 days training, 2 days presentations||Free or USD$499 Corporate|
|MacSysAdmin||Online||5–8 October 2021||Asynchronous • New sessions available daily||Free (Optional T-shirt purchase)|
|Jamf Nation User Conference||Online||19–21 October 2021||Synchronous • 3 consecutive days||Free|
|MacTech Conference||TBA||3rd Quarter 2021 or later||TBA||TBA|
|MacAD.UK||London, UK||March 2022||In-person • 2 consecutive days||£495-595|
|London Apple Admins Pub||Online (see #laa-pub in MacAdmins Slack for connection details)||Most Thursdays at 5 p.m.-ish (17:00 UTC)||Free|
|#ANZMac Channel Happy Hour||Online (see #anzmac in MacAdmins Slack for connection details)||Thursdays 5 p.m. AEST||Free|
Sponsor the Mac Admins Podcast:
If you’re interested in sponsoring the Mac Admins Podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Get the latest about the Mac Admins Podcast, follow us on Twitter! We’re @MacAdmPodcast!